Spring & Summer Program
(for Grades K – 6)
- Guided tour
Program runs from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
Picnic tables are available to use for lunch break if bringing bag lunches.
The Livery Barn Restaurant is open for lunch. Lunches need to be pre-ordered at least two weeks in advance. Information is available at time of booking.
- Program offered during May, June and September (Tuesday – Friday)
- Focus is to tour the outdoor village
- Group leaders will be given a map and outline of tour
- Students will go from building to building where they will be welcomed by interpreters in period costume
- Students have opportunity to experience how life was lived in late 19th century Mennonite villages.
They may experience the following:
- Visit the semlin (underground house)
- Watch an interpreter spin wool at the house-barn
- Sample schnetje (biscuits) and fresh rhubarb jam at the summer kitchen
- Use slate and pencil at the Mennonite private school
- Visit the Old Colony Church
- Stop at the windmill and observe the miller at work
- Watch the blacksmith make horse shoes and/or nails
- Watch the printer at the printery
- Go on a horse drawn wagon ride (weather permitting)
Schedule and instructions will be emailed prior to visit.