Mennonite Heritage Village has developed a community garden to encourage nutritional, mental, and physical well-being for our community. Twenty plots for the purpose of gardening are available in a marked area adjacent to the north parking lot. A small plot of land (approximately 10ft by 40ft) is provided for the season at a minimal cost. You might want to plant a garden with a family member, a friend, or a new neighbour. Please plan to share any surplus produce. The following guidelines are meant to ensure the continuing success and prosperity of this community garden:
- Garden plot fee is $35 payable with registration. This will help to pay for expenses including plot preparation, supplies, and compost (if available).
- Plots will be assigned on a first come basis and a wait list will be started.
- Good environmental gardening practices are encouraged, including chemical-free pest and weed control.
- Members are required to weed and maintain their beds regularly.
- Walk only on your assigned staked plot or the walking path, which is accessible from the grass.
- Please consider adjacent plots when choosing plants (no corn or sunflowers!)
- No animals are allowed off leash. If you bring your pet, you must clean up after it.
- Children must be accompanied by adults.
- Plots need to be totally cleared by October 15 in order to prepare the soil for next season.
Volunteers and MHV are not liable for any loss or harm incurred while using this space.
Call 204-326-9661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your plot.