January 9, 2020
Mennonite Heritage Village, located in Steinbach, MB, is an open-air museum whose mission is to preserve and interpret the history of Russian-descendant Mennonites and their settlement in Manitoba. The museum is open year-round and has a collection of over 16,500 artefacts, more than 30 buildings and historical features on a 40-acre site, as well as two indoor galleries and numerous display areas. The museum welcomes about 48,000 visitors from around the world annually. For more information on the museum, visit: www.mhv.ca.
Location: Mennonite Heritage Village, 231 PTH 12N, Steinbach, Manitoba
Duration: Permanent, year-round, half-time
Mennonite Heritage Village seeks a Curatorial Assistant to assist the Senior Curator with the daily activities of the curatorial department. Duties include collections management, exhibit research and production, heritage building conservation, and occasional public presentations and outreach initiatives. This is a half-time (0.5) position. Weekend work will be required from time to time, particularly on Festival Days, held on long weekends throughout the summer.
The ideal candidate possesses the following attributes:
- Graduate from a recognized university or college, preferably with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History, Museum Studies, Anthropology, or a related field;
- Proven experience in a museum setting and working with artefact collections;
- Familiarity with Mennonite history;
- Advanced research and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively; and
- Enthusiastic about museums and the role they play in communities.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Andrea Dyck, Senior Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, January 27, 2020.
We thank all applicants for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.