The position of Custodian will support the Facility Rentals Manager in the day to day custodial care and maintenance of the Village Center, Heritage Buildings and other buildings as assigned. The Custodian will also support the Facility Rentals Manager with setup and take-down duties for rental events and catering duties as necessary. This is a full time seasonal position (up to 40 hours per week).
Skills and Competencies Required:
– Demonstrated ability to be organized and work unsupervised
– Demonstrated people skills
– A demonstrated creative approach to problem solving
– A basic command of English Language
– Show attention to detail
– Demonstrated ability to engage in physically demanding work
– Willingness to work the occasional weekend when necessary.
Additional Preferred Assets:
– 1 to 2 years of experience in the hospitality industry
– 1 to 2 years of experience in a custodial role
– High school diploma
– An interest in Mennonite History