Our Auxiliary play a very important role in many areas including educating, cooking, fundraising, and creating an authentic experience at our museum.
What Can I Do?
- Village Quilters: design, sew, piece and then quilt beautiful works of art. The quilts are usually pre-ordered or made to sell in the Gift Shop or used for the Quilt Raffle. The quilting is also a demonstration at the many MHV events.
- Auxiliary Faspa: an annual event to bring history alive with a program of skits and music and a traditional faspa.
- Film Nights: an educational component to our fundraising. Otto Klassen films have been featured in the past and again teach and remind us of our journey to Canada. Delicious home made pies complete this fundraising event.
- Waffle Booth: our biggest fundraiser! The waffle booth is open at all MHV events and features the old fashioned heart shaped waffles topped with white vanilla sauce, just like grandma used to make!
- Rollkuchen and Watermelon: another favorite at events! Special orders have been made for weddings and staff barbecues!
- Catering: during the winter months the Auxiliary accommodates rentals at MHV by providing light lunches, snacks or dinners.
- Annual Fall Turkey Dinner: a highlight for the community to enjoy a Sunday lunch at MHV – a traditional turkey dinner is served.
- Apron Project: inspired by the book “Mennonite Girls Can Cook: the Auxiliary sews aprons to sell in the Gift Shop.